Saturday, May 28, 2016

Five For Fraturday Linky post



I have always liked this linky.  I have found many wonderful bloggers through here, and enjoy reading everyone's 5 things for that week. I feel like I get to know the bloggers a little better, too, as there are often personal items added in to the 5 things. As I struggle with my health issues (mono and more recently a case of the flu), and prepare for my move, I don't want to go too long before posting each time. So each Friday (or thereabouts ;) )I am going to start using this linky as a structure for my posts. Most items will be about stuff that has happened that week, but could also be stuff that has happened recently or will happen in the future.



It was recently Syttende Mai (17th of May), which is constitution day in Norway. A fellow teacher brought this Norwegian flag over to my classroom and we had someone take our photo. In Norway, there is a HUGE celebration.




I live on an island and commute by ferry every day. This was one of the sunsets as seen from the ferry this week. So beautiful!



I have been healthy my entire life. Although I am overweight, I have never had any health problems because  of it. I rarely get colds or any kind of sickness. I have weeks of accumulated sick leave from my job as a result. But in the past year, I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Mono, CMV, and I recently got the flu, resulting in a pretty severe case of Bronchitis. I was out for an entire week. Bleeeech, I hate being sick. My doc told me it was all related to stress from my job (and we all know it's bad right now in education) and to a leaky gut. So, I need to change what I am doing, which is hard. I am trying to eat Paleo (grain, dairy, legume, and sugar free). I use the above  shopping list from WHOLE30. I feel SO much better when I eat this way. As well, I have a Fitbit and am using that on my hikes with my little dog Murfee, trying to get my 10,000 steps in.



                                                           

                                    

I have a student obsessed with My Little Pony. He's also into rainbows, so I see the attraction. He drew this during choice time. I just love all of his drawings and wanted to feature one.


                                                             

                                                         

I tend to obsess over stuff, it's part of my work personality. You would think that being obsessed with work would make me more organized, but it doesn't.  I have been packing my classroom up and boxing stuff in cupboards ever since January. I have tossed stuff, made decisions on what to leave, and organized and labeled contents, with thanks to my wonderful Paras. I am almost all done except for the stuff we are currently using. This will allow me to start the new school year in the best organizational shape ever. I am giddy with excitement over the thought. With this thought, I put together my plan book for next year and it contains everything I will need to start the new year off with an organizational bang. More to come on this baby in a different post. But it feels good.

And that is all for this week.

Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching here

2 comments:

  1. I do hope you're faring better these days. It's awful to be sick and then to miss a whole week of work. I'm curious to see how your new way of eating works. Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murfee looks THRILLED to be your walking partner. I've been feeling the urge to purge in my classroom! The end of the school year is approaching, and I'd like to get a jump on things before vacation.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete