Friday, February 27, 2015

February Special Ed bloghop freebie

Well, today is my turn to share a freebie. I hope you have picked up a lot of goodies along the way. Just one more day for this bloghop so hang in there.

Here it is the end of February. Where has the time gone??? It seems like just yesterday I was in a lot of start of the year turmoil, and now here we are facing the end of the school year. I for one am looking forward to some serious relaxation. But until then, there is still quite a bit of school left.

In my classroom, Valentine's Day is over. We have moved on to our next big holiday, which is St. Patrick's Day. For some reason, my students are really into this holiday, and talk about it everyday. To keep the excitement going, I have adapted books for the students to read about each of the holidays. I have 2 for St. Patrick's Day. We won't start activities until next week when it is officially March.

I get my books from all over and I make a few myself. The 2 books I am sharing are from Tarheel Reader. For the first one, I just added icons. It has more photos and sentences. The students just match the picture as they read it, or as it is read to them. You can find this book here.




The second book I had to adapt quite a bit. It has a simpler one word format and it has fewer pages. I added pictures and the words for them to match. You can find this book here.




I hope you enjoy these two books. Don't forget to click on the calendar to pick up your last freebie tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I just said yesterday, "Wow, I can't believe how fast this year is flying." Spring break is the week of March 30th, and once I go back I'll have only 2 months left with my kiddos!

    ~Traci

    ReplyDelete