Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Finally in my new classroom

It has been a stressful few weeks, what with packing up a classroom, and getting all the paperwork and details finalized on my old classroom, while lesson planning and organizing for my new classroom. And of course, this was for a move in the middle of the week. I burst into tears last Tuesday evening when I went into my new classroom with a cart full of boxes, and the other teacher had not moved yet, even though I had been told they would be gone. I had to haul it all back, and then I had to laugh, even if it was a bit hysterical. I contacted the Principal who assured me they would be gone the next day, and they were, even as they left a big mess behind. It was difficult to start without most of my things, but I managed. I moved one load each day and then on Friday, got the remainder. Then I went in both days this past weekend, and after a total of 13 1/2 hours everything was put away and re-organized. Thank goodness for Veteran's day as I can finally relax a little.


Here is my schedule for this school year, so far. I will tweak it as I go. Sorry for the size, too tired to fix it right now.

And we did have some fun, too. We made hot chocolate and pumpkin pie on Fun Friday. My guys were totally into it, and all of them ate their pie. I was really proud. I got the recipes here from the Autism Tank.


This next week I have 2 IEP meetings, and after that I want to focus on improving my centers.

I am so glad that is all over and am incredibly grateful to be back in a great school, with wonderful students and staff. I'm hoping to be blogging a little more regular now that I am settled. And I am looking forward to the remainder of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment