Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Holiday freebie

I have been planning for a job I don't actually have. I was supposed to transition to it yesterday, but in the end my current principal refused to release me even though she had originally agreed to a transfer and a date had been set.  I will probably end up having to leave the district so I can find meaningful work in my teaching field, unless she miraculously changes her mind. So frustrating, especially since our contract says I can transfer at the semester without having to get anyone's permission. Of course there won't be any jobs then. One of my favorite sayings that actually brings me calm in stressful moments is, "And this, too, shall pass".  Looking forward to the time when this is actually true.

In the meantime, I was planning for a unit on Holidays around the world, starting with Halloween. We are an international school, so this is one way to incorporate some world culture into the curriculum throughout the year. I have purchased some TPT products to teach from, so these are just extra. One is a Power Point presentation, that can also be printed out as a book. You can find it here. Holidays included are Halloween, Dia de los Muertos, Diwali, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Ramadan, Obon. I will likely add videos and an art project to each, but haven't gotten there yet since I am still in flux. Hopefully I will actually get a chance to use them.










The other one is a picture sort of these same holidays. They can be used as a stand alone, or to make this book interactive. I also have some questions that go with this (but they are at work, so will likely post them tomorrow), where these sorts can also be used. Just print out multiple copies of what you need. You can find it here.









2 comments:

  1. Ugh!! I'm so sorry that your year is not going as you thought! I'll be praying for you! Also, love the new blog layout and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I love it too!! The school year is finally looking up, though, and I will once again be doing middle school autism. And I love prayers, they really help!

    ReplyDelete