Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Workbasket Wednesday

Today I am linking up with  Autism Classroom News to share some quick workbaskets I made the other day for my students.
Workbasket Wednesday at Autism Classroom News


 I wasn't quite sure what my students were going to be able to do, so I made an assortment of tasks to keep them busy the first few days of school while I wait for my materials to arrive. Today was my first day of school, and it was a disaster (tomorrow will be better), except for these tasks. I only have 3 students, but one can do most of these tasks with assistance, one can do the simple put-in tasks, and the last child threw their container all over the room in a lightning quick motion before I could stop her, lol. So I will be making more and figuring what to do for this last beautiful child.
 One of my students has a thing for fries and he loved this workbox. I got the containers at the dollar store and the little rubber food items at the party section at Target.

 Simple sorting of big and small ghosts.

 A fine motor skills, putting the correct color on the pipe cleaner.

 Counting squares and putting the correct number of them in the muffin tin.

 Sorting frogs and skateboards.

 Finding the correct matching half, putting a pom pom inside, and closing them up.

 Another seasonal task, sorting leaves and acorns into the tins.

 I thought I had colored hole protectors, or whatever they are called, but need to get some more. In the meantime, they can put the cleaners in whatever hole they want to.

 Another simple put in task.

 Sorting pom poms.

Different container, same put in task.

So there you have it. I will be making a bunch more in the next week or two and will share again.

8 comments:

  1. Love the baskets!!! I hope your days get better soon.

    Karen
    Empowered By Them 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already better, thank goodness. That first day left me exhausted. But they put another sub in there for me which means I get a short lunch and planning period. Getting new students is always interesting because the IEP doesn't tell the entire picture like actually meeting them, and spending time with them, does. I have made some adjustments, and that made all the difference. Still waiting for supplies, and when they arrive it will be even better. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Jannike, I just saw your post but it's not linked up on the linky on my page! I would love for you to link it up there since you already have the linky label. If you have problems with it, please let me know. If you would like me to just link up this post with the original post, just email me at drchrisreeve@gmail.com.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It refused to add me, saying there was something wrong. I am just not a techie and couldn't figure out what, if anything, I did wrong. It is linked on my end, which is an achievement on its own, so if you could link it at your end, I would greatly appreciate it! I'll send an email, as well.

      Delete
  3. these are great. SImple is best!! Its funny how you rack your brain for ideas and the simplest ones work BEST!! I just added the pencil with eraser top work box, Kids loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time the simplest ones are what the students love best. Another big hit is anything that is seasonal. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete