It has been a slight learning curve for me. My 3 students are both lower and higher functioning than their IEP led me to believe, and I am still working only with the supplies I brought with me, although some supplies have started to trickle in. When they showed me the list of supplies I was getting for my classroom, I noticed that it said elementary Med/Frag classroom and I pointed out we were high school. They said they would adjust for that, but apparently it didn't happen since I got elementary supplies including finger paints and very small art aprons, and a teeny tiny blue chair that came all by itself. I giggle every time I see it.
I did get a CD/Tape player and headphones so we can listen to music, which has been nice. I still don't have any switches or iPads but I have been told they are coming. In the meantime, I have been scrambling to find work to keep them busy. I made a bunch of simple work tasks, and I am sharing 2 of them today. I have also had to adjust our daily schedule quite a bit since the first one I put together didn't work at all. I will share that in another post.
The first item I'm sharing is a clothespin task working on simple AB, ABB, and ABC patterns. Simply cute and laminate.
The other item is a book I adapted from Tar heel reader called 12 Days of Halloween. This one needs to be laminated, or put in page protectors. Then add velcro to the squares outlined on the pages, and the icons on the end.